Numbers, numbers, numbers. Numbers are quite a magical thing in my opinion.
- You can walk into once crowded restaurants, shopping malls and find them nearly empty.
- You can have a friend or two every week that loses his or her job.
- You can walk into a car dealership and have eight salespeople descend on you like vampires who haven't had a meal in a week....because they haven't.
- You can walk down the streets of New York City and have rental agents, that just a year ago had YOU pay THEM two months of astronomical rent just to find you a apartment, beckon you with the promise of no fee and two months FREE rent at 75% of last years price.
- You can talk to real business owners who tell you that their bank treats them like a proctologist would a patient, while squeezing them royally by jacking up their revolving credit lines.
- You can see that your state and your town have to go on austerity measures while they raise your taxes in order to balance their budgets (In my town the mayor is actually pushing a "tag sale" to raise money!).